I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for the new year. It’s been a long year full of ups and downs. Are you ready for 2023? (Please note, this is a reworking of a post that I wrote in December of 2022.)
2022 was a busy year for us. It started with me working full-time in Orlando at an office and Chris still working as a Sous Chef at an assisted living facility in Poinciana. By the end of the year, I’m part-time and remote and Chris is an Executive Chef at an assisted living facility in Bradenton, Fl–same company, different location.
But it took a lot for us to get there. That included him leaving his job in Poinciana and taking a different Sous Chef job in Sarasota. We moved to Bradenton in two weeks, from start (finding an apartment) to finish in March. Around May, just when the work environment at his new job was turning sour, his old GM called and asked if he wanted to apply for the Executive position at the Bradenton facility.
And this year, I made a life-changing decision. With severe arthritis in my left knee and now my right knee starting to deteriorate, I was told I needed knee replacement surgery. But I was also told that no one would do it if I weighed over 200 pounds. I did…by a lot. Which led to me having gastric sleeve surgery in October. So far I’m down 30 pounds.
The weight loss has made it easier for me to walk. Each pound I lose is taking 3 pounds of pressure off my knees. I think they appreciate that. So this is the year of getting healthy and perhaps putting off the knee replacement for a few more years?
How Ready are You?
Part of preparing for 2023 is to review your past year to find out where you stand, what you’ve accomplished, and maybe what you missed or missed out on. To do that, reflect on the following questions:
- What good things happened in 2022?
- What not-so-good things happened in 2022?
- What are you grateful for in 2022?
- How did you find balance in 2022?
- What goals did you meet in 2022?
- What goals did you miss out on in 2022?
Now it’s time to look ahead into 2023 and determine your goals, how you want to feel, and what you want to accomplish.
- What is your intention for 2023?
- Do you have a word of the year?
- What are your career goals for 2023?
- What will you stop, start, and continue doing in 2023?
- What are your relationship/family goals in 2023?
- What new things do you want to try/do in 2023?
- How will you find balance and a healthy lifestyle in 2023?
Just a few questions to reflect on as we bring 2022 to a close. If you want more guidance then please use this Manifestation Journal or Ease into Your Goals to give you more in-depth reflection and guidance.
I hope you have a happy, balanced, and fun new year.